Woman arrested for allegedly hitting a man with a hammer and resisting arrest by taking off her clothes

Chubok – A Chabok woman was arrested for allegedly hitting a man with a hammer and resisting officers’ attempts to arrest her by stripping all of her clothes and sitting on the floor.

Renda Renee Glover, 60, faces a felony charge of aggravated battery along with a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest, according to the indictment documents.

Officers from the Chubuk Police Department spoke with a man last Wednesday after 1:30 p.m., according to an affidavit of probable cause. The man claimed that the homeowner, Glover, had prevented him from moving out of their home.

When asked if he had the right to reside, the man told the officers that he had paid his rent and had not been evicted. He said Glover shut him down “just because she doesn’t want me there anymore.”

The officers told him that he had a right of access to the house and that he could not be removed from the house without proper evacuation.

Less than three hours later, after 4 p.m., the same man called 911 claiming that Glover had hit him with a hammer.

On his way home, the same officer who had spoken to him earlier spoke to him on the phone. The man told the officer that he was allowed back inside and that he was in the process of fixing the door lock so that he could enter if needed. He said Glover came up to him with a raised hammer and attacked him.

The man claimed to have a mobile phone video of the attack. Upon their arrival, the victim showed the officers the video clip.

According to the affidavit, the video shows Glover approaching the victim near the front door with a hammer over her shoulders. The video then shows her swinging the hammer, and the video is described as a liar with the hammer swinging in police reports.

When asked where he was injured, the victim lifted his shirt to reveal a red mark on his stomach near his right hip. EMS help refused.

The victim, who was outside when the officers arrived, said the door was locked again but offered to kick it if the officers wanted to enter with his permission.

After informing the victim that destroying the house was a bad but legal idea, the man kicked the door and let the officers in.

Officers found Glover sitting on a bed in the bedroom.

She allegedly told the officers that she did not want to go through the eviction but wanted the victim out of the house.

When asked if she had hit the man with a hammer, Glover denied it. After being informed that officers had seen a video of the incident allegedly hitting the victim, Glover again denied hitting the victim with a hammer.

The officers asked Glover to stand up for arrest. She replied, “I will not leave, and I will not be imprisoned,” the police reports stated.

Glover then took off her shirt and shoes and sat on the bed, wearing only her underwear.

Officers told her to put her clothes back on, Glover repeated, “I will not leave, and I will not be imprisoned.”

I asked for additional help.

When the second officer arrived, the officers informed Glover that if she continued to resist arrest, she would be charged with a second offense. After she again refused to comply, officers grabbed Glover by the wrists and tried to lift her. It made her body limp and fall to the ground.

Officers handcuffed Glover’s hands while she was on the ground but told her to stand so that she would not need to be dragged and she might get hurt.

Once again, she refused, saying she was unable to walk.

Officers told her they saw her walking earlier that day and asked EMS to bring a carry-on bag home.

When the EMS arrived with the carrying case, Glover refused to be loaded and instead stood up and walked into the patrol car on her own.

She was taken to Bannock County Jail and detained.

Glover posted a $10,000 bond on Monday. A no-contact order has been issued.

If convicted of an aggravated crime, Glover could face up to 15 years in prison and $50,000 fines, another year in prison and a $1,000 fine for resisting arrest.

A preliminary hearing on the matter was held Thursday morning. No date has been set for further court proceedings yet.

Leave a Comment